The Texan Hill Country is calling your name this summer! You will be covered in great Texan southern hospitality when you visit Fredericksburg, Texas, a family-friendly destination with things to do and see for all! Unforgettable memories will be made during this incredible summer getaway. Our town is steeped in rich German heritage and remains a popular tourist destination. Let’s explore the main center of all the town’s action, Fredericksburg’s Main Street.
More Than Just Window Shopping
Fredericksburg Main Street is the central shopping district in town. There are so many eccentric and one-of-a-kind shopping experiences for the entire family! You’ll enjoy top-quality shopping in the heart and soul of Fredericksburg. With over 150 shops, boutiques, galleries, and restaurants, Fredericksburg Main Street is one of the many reasons folks come to our quaint town time and time again. All Main Street shops are locally owned and operated by our fellow residents. As a National Historic District, chain restaurants and stores are not allowed, allowing for a super unique shopping adventure! Our shop owners call Fredericksburg home and will happily help you! Why partake in simple window shopping when you can go inside each shop and chat it up with the store employees? Check out some of our favorite stores on Main Street:
- Amish Market: a wide selection of quality Amish-made furniture pieces
- Barefoot Campus Outfitter: get authentic Fredericksburg t-shirts and apparel
- Dogologie: a premier store for your canine pals
- FarmHaus Antiques: your place to find one-of-a-kind curated home goods
- Fischer & Wieser on Main: enjoy some farm-to-table Texan treats
- The Grasshopper: offers a wide selection of gifts, art, and collectibles
Wide sidewalks and courtyards line Main Street make for an accessible trek. It is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy the beauty of Texas Hill Country. There are pavilions, tables, public restrooms, a playscape, exquisite native gardens, and gorgeous historical building fronts.
In addition to all these amazing community features, you’ll find two museums, a dozen restaurants, wine tasting rooms, and more! You can escape the Texan heat and let the little ones rest by booking a ride on the Fredericksburg City Trolley with a local tour guide. They travel from one end of town to the other, passing and telling the history of local attractions.
A Few Local Tips:
The Fredericksburg Convention and Visitor Bureau has some quick tips for you as you plan your Main Street visit:
- Most shops close around 5 p.m. so make sure you plan accordingly
- Public restrooms are located at Pioneer Museum, Marktplatz, and the visitor center
- Main Street parking goes fast! Try parking at Visitor’s Information Center for free
Stay Right in The Heart of Fredericksburg
The Inn on Barons Creek features the prime location for any Fredericksburg Main Street excursions. We are located just one and a half blocks from Main Street, so you can easily walk to all the action! From our modern amenities to scenic views of Fredericksburg, Inn on Barons Creek has marvelous accommodation options for your entire family. Book your stay with us online today!