A great time to plan your vacation to Fredericksburg, TX, is during the 134th Gillespie County Fair, from August 25, 2022, to August 28, 2022. Dating back to 1881, the Gillespie County Fair is the oldest continuous county fair in all of the great state of Texas. Entrance into the fair is free, but there will be plenty of yummy food, rides, and other attractions you’ll want to spend your money on!
Book your stay in our luxury hotel in Fredericksburg, TX, to enjoy all the county fair activities and events. Our luxurious amenities make us stand out from other downtown hotels in Fredericksburg, TX. Guests can enjoy our onsite spa, heated pool, fitness center, and complimentary breakfast to relax from all the fun at the 134th Gillespie County Fair.
Five Things To Experience at the Gillespie County Fair
- Parade: Don’t miss the giant parade on August 26 with over 200 floats. The parade starts on Main Street, just steps away from the Inn on Barons Creek. Although the parade begins at 10 a.m., make sure you snag your spot much earlier!
- Horse Racing: Place your bets Aug 27-28 for live pari-mutuel horse racing. The Gillespie County Fairgrounds will offer fans plenty of free parking, a shaded grandstand, many betting windows, a tote board, and the option to place bets on your mobile device.
- Music Concerts: There will be many talented performers this year at the Gillespie County Fair. We can’t wait to watch Grammy Winner David Lee Murphy headline on Saturday night. He’s regarded as one of the best country music songwriters and has written for other stars like Luke Bryan and Florida Georgia Line.
- Carnival: The Gillespie County Fair Carnival and Midway open on August 25 and close on August 28. Fair Attendees can enjoy carnival rides and games for all ages.
- Royalty Coordination: The coordination of the 2023 Gillespie County Fair Queen and her royal court will take place on August 26. Don’t miss the crowning ceremony at 7 p.m. Read here to learn what the Gillespie County Fair royalty from last year have to say about their experience representing their community. Even if you don’t live in the area, this is a fun event to take the little ones to meet the newly crowned Gillespie County Fair Queen.
Book your stay near the heart of the Gillespie County Fair fun at the Inn on Barons Creek!